These were some of the questions raised during the discussions of the Lab surrounding the works of the participants….
- Sound and definition in cosmogonie
– sound and cultural education
– sound and oral transmission in ancient oriental cultures
- Silence : is there really any ever ? is it necessary in sound to have silence? how is it used? can there really be true silence? How would we cope in this environement?
- Saturation of visuzal and aural stimilus in the society . How we cope with this and use it or not in performance. How do we listen really?
- How can absence of a sense, idea sound, visual, in a installation or performance develop the presence of the absent element? How important is the imagination in the developing these missing elements? In a shared environment? And choices of the environments used in the works presented, and discussions around that.
- The education or self education (DIY) of a skill and the breaking of that skill and how this can be used in an interesting, captivating manner.
- Noise Art, what are the levels of control during improvistion, and also how can a composition can be a composed improvisation
- Training our hearing, is it important that we listen to different sound scapes/compositions before we can appreciate them ?
- What use do Filters have on our hearing, either physiologically or externally ?
– accident, interruption in recordings, performance, concerts, composition
– sound and dramatury through images, influences and control of the soundtrack of images
– audience position : as a listener?
– fakeness of capturing sound for films, soundtracks already made.